Sunday, May 24, 2009

Dark

The sun went down tonight and left me lonely waiting for the stars and moon to take its place
I watched the sky with bated breath but heavy clouds obscured my view.

I waited and waited but only the breeze in the pines came to interrupt my solitude
It whispered secrets I wasn't able to hear and made me lonelier than before

I went inside discouraged and turned on the kitchen lamp
Moths fluttered near the flame and afraid of their demise I turned the light off

Alone in the dark I thought about the void you left
and realized that the light I craved could not fill it

I needed more so I gave in to my loneliness and called you
The phone rang lonely once and twice and at three I gave up

And l let the dark take me.



copyright 2009, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment