Thursday, August 4, 2011

Everywhere

You were everywhere and no where
in the corner of my eye I saw your signature cap
but when I turned it wasn't you
and then I heard you call my name
but from where?
I could not see you
Somone nearby told a story
I swore you'd told it to me before
but it wasn't you
and they didn't know of you
someone called your name
as though you'd just arrived
but he wasn't you
not a common name but my ears are trained to hear it
and then your cologne
yes I smell you but you again my eyes can't find you
my eyes, my ears, my nose
all wanting the familiarity that is you
my skin aches for your touch
my mouth waters
thinking of you and your salty sweet taste
my body aches for you
and imagines you everywhere and nowhere
all at once


(from actual bar napkins.. and totally my personal property, all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment